Taking a leaf from the restaurant's available selection of premium tea blends, chefs from InterContinental Singapore's award winning Cantonese fine dining Man Fu Yuan unveils four new tea-infused snowskin gems to join their ranks of exquisite mooncakes.
This year’s Tea Collection arrives in big, boldly hued blooms, and come in some intriguing combinations: gold-dusted Black sesame with osmanthus chocolate truffle, I liked how the ambrosial, floral notes accentuated that nuttiness; Green tea with white chocolate truffle, rich but balanced with a slightly bitter hint; smooth White lotus paste with Mandarin peel chocolate truffle; and a Earl Grey with strawberry chocolate truffle with citrusy bergamot notes.
Baked variations are also available, in your choice of red or white lotus paste and both single or double yolk options, though I personally recommend their signature Low-sugar white lotus paste baked mooncake that's generously studded with crunchy macadamia nuts.
Their beautiful latticed chest packaging, with motifs of birds and flowers in vibrant colours, also takes on a bright spin with pretty fuchsia and vibrant blue tone.
Man Fu Yuan’s mooncakes are available for purchase online from 22 July to 24 September 2018 at InterContinentalShoppe.sg; from 3 August to 24 September 2018 at the Man Fu Yuan Shoppe, located at the entrance of InterContinental Singapore from Bugis Junction; and also at eight locations across Singapore. Full list of locations here.
Man Fu Yuan Selection of Mooncakes 2018
- Snowskin mooncake: Tea Collection (four tea-infused snowskin mooncakes in each of the following flavours) - $74, per box of 4
- Black sesame with osmanthus chocolate truffle
- Green tea with white chocolate truffle
- White lotus paste with Mandarin peel chocolate truffle
- Earl Grey with strawberry chocolate truffle
- Baked mooncake with double yolks and white lotus paste - $74, per box of 4
- Baked mooncake with single yolk and white lotus paste - $70, per box of 4
- Baked mooncake with double yolks and red lotus paste - $70, per box of 4
- Baked mooncake with single yolk and red lotus paste - $66, per box of 4
- Baked mooncake with macadamia nuts and low-sugar white lotus paste, $70, per box of 4
- Baked mooncake with assorted nuts - $68, per box of 4
Photos courtesy of Man Fu Yuan